The tragic alligator attack that occurred at the Grand Floridian Beach has led to Walt Disney World making some changes around the resort. Disney are ensuring as much as possible is done to make sure this doesn’t happen again.
The changes are:
- All beach areas will remain closed in the area surrounding the Magic Kingdom until an unconfirmed date. All beach chairs have currently been removed from the beach
- All water recreation including boat rentals have currently been suspended from resorts, pending a review
- Signs will be going up around beach areas to reflect the fact that alligators are known to be in the area
- Disney are putting up low fencing around the edge of the beaches to protect guests
All of the above changes seem very sensible, here are the ones I am not so sure on:
- The Jungle Cruise Skippers are no longer making any jokes or references when the ride passes the animatronic crocodiles. Currently nobody knows if these jokes will return in the future
- Tic Tock Croc has not been seen in the Festival of Fantasy parade since the tragic event
- Kilimanjaro Safari drivers have a new script that cuts all references to the crushing power of the Nile Crocodile’s bite force and the speed in which they can run/swim
Of course, our thoughts are with the family during this very difficult time.