Disney has just announced that Disney’s Contemporary Resort’s California Grill will begin a brunch offering in early 2016 starting from February.
What’s interesting here is that until now the restaurant has been serving dinner and dinner only so this is a bold new move for the restaurant.
So, starting in February you will be able to eat Sunday brunch that is set to include a number of favourites from dinner and a few new additions to suit the time of the day.
California Grill Sunday Brunch Menu
Guests will begin the brunch with house made breakfast pastries and breads that are set to include:
- Caramel apple monkey bread
- Cranberry pecan scones
- Tillamook cheddar biscuits
All of this will come with house made jam and orange blossom honey butter.
Next comes one of the unique experiences at California Grill, guests will have the chance to interact with the cast members at the on-stage kitchen where you can choose between a number of tasting portions of classic California Grill dishes. These are set to include:
- Deviled eggs
- Greek yoghurt parfaits
Guests will then be able to choose from a large select of entrees (big brunch right?) which include:
- Pan-fried buttermilk organic chicken cutlet with haricots verts, toasted almonds, frisée and beurre noisette
- Sweet potato pancakes with caramelised heirloom apples, dried cranberry and raisin compote, vanilla custard and warm Canadian maple syrup
- Spiced tomato ragout
- Shrimp and grits
- Poached lobster benedict with butter-poached tail, two poached eggs, honey ham, Yuzu hollandaise and marble potato hash
- Chef’s frittata with three lake meadow farm eggs, tomatoes, poblanos, chorizo, goat cheese and potato hash
- Grilled flat iron steak with poached eggs, chimchurri, potato hash and charred red onion
If you still aren’t full after all of that there will be a choice of desserts which include:
- Chocolate truffles
You can also treat yourself to a Bloody Mary from the Bloody Mary bar which will be open during brunch.
Its early morning as I am typing this and I am in a coffee shop having not eaten my breakfast yet feeling very hungry after writing all of this down!
California Grill Brunch Pricing and Disney Dining Plan
The menu sounds absolutely incredible but of course with a menu this exquisite comes a typically high price point for a restaurant in one of Disney’s top hotels.
Prices are $80 for adults and $48 for children ages 3 to 11 and you can book reservations for brunch beginning today!
At this time Disney hasn’t revealed whether brunch will be accepting Disney Dining Plan but I would assume at this stage that they will be considering the main dinner offering at California Grill accepts it.