One of the most frequent complaints I see from guests visiting Walt Disney World on a bit more of a short notice is that FastPasses are often very hard to come by.
Disney have tried to alleviate some of these issues with a brand new park ticket offering that comes with pre-booked FastPasses. Pricing for these tickets is exactly the same price as the current one day tickets that come without FastPasses, a nice touch from Disney.
Let’s take a look at the details of each of these options by the park:
There are four options for guests travelling to Magic Kingdom for the day:
- Fantasyland Classics – This selection includes Dumbo, It’s a Small World and Mad Tea Party
- Futuristic and Frightful Fun – A couple of higher demanded attractions here with Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin, Haunted Mansion, and Tomorrowland Speedway
- Pint-Size Adventures – A fantastic attraction in Pirates of the Caribbean and two lesser rated ones in The Barnstormer, The Magic Carpets of Aladdin are featured in this options
- Whimsical Escapades – The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor and Journey of the Little Mermaid are included in this list.
Despite there being some good options contained within each of the lists, it is safe to say that nothing will beat being able to select your own FastPasses before travelling to Walt Disney World. Attractions including The Magic Carpets of Aladdin and Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor aren’t exactly regarded as great attractions.
Just two options for Epcot:
- Immersive Explorations – Living with the Land, The Seas with Nemo and Friends and Spaceship Earth
- Delightful Encounters – Journey Into Imagination with Figment, The Seas with Nemo and Friends and Turtle Talk with Crush
The ‘Immersive Explorations’ option doesn’t sound too bad with both Spaceship Earth and Living with the Land included and ‘Delightful Encounters’ is really only suited to families with younger children, not necessarily a bad thing but you often don’t need FastPasses for any of these.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Like Epcot, just two options here:
- Sensational Stage Shows – Beauty and the Beast, Frozen Sing-Along, and Voyage of the Little Mermaid
- Movie-Inspired Entertainment – Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular, MuppetVision 3D, and Star Tours
‘Movie-Inspired Entertainment’ is my preferred option here with both Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular and Star Tours being relatively busy attractions.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Finally, Disney’s Animal Kingdom has two options to choose from:
- Prehistoric and Whitewater Thrills – DINOSAUR, Kali River Rapids, and Primeval Whirl
- Wild Performances – Festival of the Lion King, Finding Nemo, and It’s Tough to be a Bug
‘Prehistoric and Whitewater Thrills’ would be my choice here with all three attractions being fairly busy and even Primeval Whirl being a pain to queue for in the heat.
The Potential Problem with this New Ticket
The main issue I see arising from this new ticket is that many of the attractions featured are ones that most guests don’t usually pick first. While this sounds great at first, I do feel this could impact the standby wait times of the less popular attractions across Walt Disney World. This means that for those that have booked experiences on some of the most popular attractions, there may be longer wait times for some of the attractions that traditionally have less of a standby wait.
Of course, this is only my theory, it remains to be seen whether this new one day ticketing system has any impact at all.
What are your thoughts on this new one day ticket?