Fans of sweet treats will be pleased to hear that Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen is now open for preview at Universal Orlando’s CityWalk!
Though the main draw of the restaurant is most certainly the desserts on offer, Toothsome does offer a full sit down menu that includes:
- all day brunch crepes
More specific menu items include:
- Onion rings served with cocoa ranch
- Brisket and wild mushroom meatloaf with corn, crispy fried onions, Yukon gold mashed potatoes and bordelaise sauce
- Chocolate almond bread served with salted caramel butter
- Gnocchi tossed in a mole sauce, thin-sliced grilled chicken, rapini, and grilled sweet peppers
Of course, most people will be turning up at Toothsome for their delicious range of desserts, milkshakes and other sweet treats and it certainly looks like they have a lot on offer. Some of the items include these delcious milkshakes:
- Chocolate x5 – which will be mixed with chocolate spirals, chocolate chunks, chocolate ice cream and whipped cream
- Bacon brittle – bacon ice cream, bacon brittle, chocolate covered bacon and bacon caramel
- Espresso Buzzzz – Coffee ice cream and chocolate covered beans
- Red velvet – Milkshake topped with a red velvet cupcake
- Key Lime Pie – Key lime pie flavoured milkshake with a lie of pie thrown in on top for good measure
Other dessert options include:
- Chocolate bread pudding
- Chocolate mousse served in a martini glass
- Various ice cream sundaes
Shakes start at $12, sundaes at $9.50 and crepes at $12.95 and while they seem expensive, from what I am hearing, are well worth the price!
While the restaurant is in its preview opening phase Universal has said that it will be open on a “limited, unscheduled basis” so don’t expect it to be open full hours until the restaurant opens officially later in the fall.
I for one think that Toothsome is one of the most exciting restaurants to open up at CityWalk in years and cannot wait to give one of the 140 menu items a go when I am at Universal Orlando in October!