With Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout opening later this Summer, Disney are building the excitement by releasing a whole host of new details on what to expect from the attraction.
What we know so far:
- Mission Breakout is centred in a museum owned by Taneleer Tivan AKA The Collector who has the Guardians of the Galaxy under lock down
- The queue for the new attraction will showcase some of the artefacts that The Collector owns with many references to the Marvel Universe. I am kind of hoping to see a return of Howard the Duck!
- Just like in Tower of Terror, guests will be placed in smaller rooms before the attraction itself. Rocket Raccoon we will be on hand to introduce himself, having just escaped and needing guests help to help bust out the remaining Guardians
- Every moment on the ride is set to provide a different experience. Random drops will occur alongside visuals that are triggered by these random drops abd a different song will feature from Awesome Mix Vol. 1
- The ride system is remaining the same though the slow build will be gone and replaced with something that feels a lot more chaotic
Joe Rhode, the imagineer who oversaw Disney’s Animal Kingdom is the lead on the project and had this to say:
This is a comedy, action-adventure, prison break. We need none of that [set-up once on the ride]. We invest immediately in movement… Everything that happens on the ride, from the moment you take off, happens in the context of this very physical chaos. The escape is happening, the other animals are escaping, everything in the collection is loose. The guards are trying to stop them. Rocket is trying to control the vehicle that is out of control because he blew the control tower to open the cages. It’s just insane chaos. But really funny, really fun chaos that ensues for the rest of the ride….Sometimes the doors might open. Sometimes the doors might not open because something else will happen. Many things will happen on this ride… It’s a very dynamic ride.
I personally can’t wait to see what this attraction has in store for us later in the year!