March 18th sees the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction at Disneyland turn 50 and considering this attraction has been ridden by almost 400 million guests, Disney are choosing to celebrate this momentous occasion.
To kick things off, lets take a look at some of the food being introduced from March 16th.
Guests will be able to choose from:
- Buccaneer Pulled Pork Sandwich: Jerk-spiced Pork, Sweet and Tangy Barbecue Sauce, Pineapple Caribbean-style Slaw and Fried Yucca
- Lost Treasure Beignets: Lemon-flavored Beignets with gold shimmer dust
- Jolly Roger Punch: Spiced Tropical Juices with hints of Pineapple, Orange and Mango
- Calypso’s Caribbean Chicken Stew: Caribbean-seasoned Chicken stewed with Onions, Carrots, Celery, Tomatoes, Potatoes and Yucca
- Golden Churro: Gold-dusted Churro
The above selection will be available at the following locations:
- French Market Restaurant
- Mint Julep Bar
- Harbour Galley
- Royal Street Veranda
- Cafe Orleans
- Blue Bayou Restaurant
On top of the food, beginning on Friday, Disney are adding Pirate themed entertainment in New Orleans Square with performances from the Bootstrappers and Lucky the Pirate.
On the anniversary itself, Jack Sparrow will be appearing and Disney are offering limited edition merchandise to celebrated the day!