Okay, don’t get too excited if you’re in the UK but our US readers should celebrate as today shopDisney have added further stock of the Soarin’ Around the World EPCOT poster to The EPCOT Collection.
The poster is only available on shopDisney in the US and is returning for a limited time only, disappearing from the website after the 28th of February.
Here are a few details about the poster:
- Artist: Eric Tan
- Fine art serigraph printed on black archival paper made in Italy
- EPCOT logo and attraction title printed with metallic inks
- Metallic accent inks sparkle subtly as light catches them
- Enhanced with a spot varnish
- A serigraph is a reproduction of artwork through silk-screening. Considered a ”traditional” printmaking technique, it is an analog process that takes the careful eye of a master printer and color separator.
- Created using the same printing processes that were utilized for the original Disney Parks attraction posters. Produced on an updated version of the same printing press, originally located at Walt Disney Imagineering.
The poster retails at $99 and if you’re from the UK and interested in purchasing, just an FYI that due to the size of the item, it’s currently impossible.
Still, I absolutely love this series of posters and I am almost certain that Disney will continue to release variants of these in the future.
It’s probably a good job that I can’t order anything to deliver in the UK as I’d end up buying everything in the EPCOT collection from shopDisney:
Let us know what you think of the collection in the comments below!